Friday, May 10, 2013

For the love of Pinterest

I'm so pathetic. 

I know that.

It really is not that hard to go get my recipe box.  Or a cookbook.

But how much easier is it to click a picture and not have to go get those things?!?

Since I do my meal planning from Pinterest and a file on my computer, having all my recipes, well....ON my computer is a heck of a lot easier.

So, when I lower myself to making a recipe I didn't obtain online, I'm going to post said recipe and take a pic or two.

And then I'm going to add them to Pinterest so I can be lazy enough to not get out my recipe box whenever one of those recipes comes up on the menu for the week:)

Recipe #1:

Grandma's Chicken and Rice Casserole.

Does this just scream 'Grandma' to you or what???

When I knew I wanted to frame a recipe from Oma and Grandma, it took a long time to decide which recipe of Oma's to use. 

Grandma's?  Two seconds.  Maybe less.

So easy and so tasty.

I've used brown rice instead of white rice.  I've used regular rice instead of instant rice. 

It just isn't as good.  Gotta be good 'ole nutritionally-void instant white rice.

And although it calls for a cut-up chicken, I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts because, well, they're boneless.  I'm not into bones in my meat.  At all.  Ever.  I don't think I have a single recipe pinned that requires bone-in meat.  And if I do, I'll modify it to use boneless:)


Grandma's Chicken and Rice Casserole
1 cut-up fryer
1C instant rice
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
2 cans water
1 pkg dry onion soup mix

Wash and trim chicken; place in a 9x13 baking dish

Mix together other ingredients and pour over chicken.

Bake at 350 for 1 & 1/2 hours.

Cover with foil the last 1/2 hour if it seems soupy.  Cut down cooking time if using boneless chicken.  (I made this last night and it took 70 minutes)

No comments: