Wednesday, July 19, 2006


Ok, Bryn, here you go. I'm finally going to start this blog since you went to all the trouble to set it up for me. But since I'm also very unimaginative and tired, the first couple things I put in here are going to be the mass emails I sent everyone already. That way they're saved somewhere other than my mailbox, and I can make you happy and not have to come up with anything myself:)

Well, we're finally getting fairly settled here in Rockford. We got here June 18th and stayed with David's sister Amy and her family for a few days before we closed on our house here. We did alot of "getting moved" stuff during those days- getting a bank account open, setting up utilities, getting doctors established, etc. We closed on the house on the 21st and borrowed an air mattress from Amy and Andre so we could stay there- not too comfy, but we were too excited to not stay in our own house! Andre was shocked that I'd let David buy a house I hadn't seen, but for some reason I wasn't that nervous about it and I absolutely love this house! I'm so glad this is the one we got- even though we are further from Amy, we're close to David's work and in a great area of town. There's every store we could want within 10 minutes, so we did alot of grocery and house-stuff shopping until our belongings got here that Friday. Unloading our stuff was SO much easier than loading! David and I did half of it ourselves- all the little loose stuff that wasn't too heavy. Amy and Andre and the kids came over that evening and helped us finish. Andre and David got the furniture all unloaded and Amy, Taylor, and Dakota got all the boxes out. I think the kids almost enjoyed carting the boxes everywhere- they were such a big help! McKenna helped by keeping Hope occupied on the swingset:) David and I were amazed- nothing got broken in the move! A few of the couches got little rips in the fabric, but nowhere conspicuous.
We spent the next few days getting things unpacked and shopping for more furniture. We were actually very lucky to find most of what we needed. Now we're just waiting on delivery. I'll get some pictures of the house on here as soon as we get things organized and put away.

1 comment:

missdidi said...

You needn't sound so testy! I was just trying to be helpful.