Thursday, February 28, 2013

First shake of the season

Sam's opened last week.

We went there for lunch last weekend, but the line just to get the kids' ice cream took forever; I didn't want to wait in line to order a milkshake too.

But peanut butter milkshakes- oh how I love thee.

I've always loved P.B. milkshakes.  They're one of my favorite comfort foods.  In high school I ordered them every chance I got at Zips.  Anytime I find a place that makes peanut butter milkshakes, I get one.  But it wasn't until just recently that I remembered why.

Oma.  That's why I love them.

I don't know why I never put it together.

When I'd go stay with Oma in the summer, we'd have popcorn almost every night.  Popcorn made in that old oil popper of hers, with added butter and oil on top.

No wonder I weigh more than a SmartCar.

And most nights, she'd make me a peanut butter milkshake.

I've tried- I cannot make them like she did.  I don't know what I do wrong, but they don't taste nearly as good as Oma's did.

Last fall when we got here, David would go visit Amy at her work, which is across the street from Sams.  He'd usually come home with a shake for me.

It was a long winter while they were closed:)

And tonight's milkshake was awfully yummy.


No comments: