Monday, May 21, 2012

How long before I panic?

You know how people say if your kids act up in public, just keep walking- they'll follow you because they're afraid of being left?

Not so much.

When we dropped Daniel off at the childcare before swimming lessons, Joel took off.  He often stands outside the classroom and just watches through the window, so I wasn't too worried, until he wasn't at the window.  But he'd just gone out to the lobby and was standing with Hope and Naomi.

After swimming lessons when we went to pick up Daniel, he took off again.  I figured he'd be out front, but he wasn't.  After looking all over and not finding him, I put the other three in the car and went back in to look for him.  Finally, I saw him walking out of the building, and when I asked him where he'd been, he said, "Looking fowa you, and dat wath WUDE of you to leave me!"

Little boy, you were the one who left, I don't see how I was rude.

And yes, I had a talk with him about not leaving a building if he ever gets lost again.

But from now on, he goes into the childcare center with me. 

Seriously, I don't see how shock collars for children is a bad idea.  But David keeps telling me I won't get away with putting one on him.  We'll just see......

No comments: