Sunday, May 13, 2012

Get Sleepy

At Joel's visit to the bad kid doc, we were advised to help him get more sleep.  The doctor said we could try drugging him with Benadryl, or chamomile tea.  The Benadryl really didn't seem to help much- some nights he'd be tired, others he'd still be awake for two hours after bedtime.  So I got some tea and told him he'd get to drink some before bed.  We tried it twice and he didn't like it either time- he'd only drink a sip or two.

So I put him to bed the other night and didn't bother giving him any.  After an hour or two, he showed up downstairs and said "You forgot to get me my coffee."  So the past couple nights, David and Joel have sat down at the table before bed and had their cups of "coffee".  I still don't think it helps, but he enjoys coffee time with his dad.

No comments: