Monday, February 14, 2011

Men

Men are dumb. They may mess up and do something right once in a while, but in general, they're dumb.

This last week David was in San Francisco. But I still packed up all four kids and went to the Y every night. Treadmill, elliptical, weights, every night he was gone.

Part of it is selfish on my part- I don't have to deal with Joel if I go to the Y. The childcare there gets to. And he is SO much better there, from what I can tell. I'm sure part of it is having different toys and different kids to play with. I could stay home and put up with the attitude and disobedience for an hour before bedtime, if I felt like it. But I don't.

David knows I go each night. He's told me how proud he is of me that I still go when he's gone, even though it's harder to take all of them by myself.

So today he gave me a present for Valentine's Day. No flowers, even though he knows that's what I love most as a gift. No books, because he knows I'll just go to the library and get any book I want to read. He got me 10,000 calories worth of chocolate. Thank you so much. Just what I need to help with my goal to lose weight. Four pounds' worth of calories in chocolate. In his defense, he did get some peanut butter M&M's- always a good call. And a bag of Dove, which I like. But a bag of regular kisses- those will go to the kids. And a box of truffles with all sorts of weird flavors....again, I hope the kids enjoy peach-flavored chocolate.

Stick with flowers. I always like them. For any occasion. Flowers.

No comments: