Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Smells like Spring


The past two days have been so warm! Monday was in the high fifty's, and Tuesday it hit 75!! We cleaned out the garage yesterday- everyone in teeshirts- it was wonderful. Hope rode her tricycle around the driveway, kicked around her soccer ball, and went "treasure hunting"- her treasures consist of pinecones, twigs, and bunny turds she finds in the yard.

Both nights I've gone to the store late, after the girls are in bed and the shows I want to watch are over. And both nights I've walked very slowly into the store so I could just smell the air. It has that humid, warm summer night smell. Last night the wind was blowing, but it was a warm breeze, not the freezing bone-chilling wind it's been all winter. I almost turned on the flood lights in the back yard and sat on the back porch when I got home. I can't wait for spring!!

No comments: