Friday, August 11, 2006

Dinner (sans les enfants)

David's mom offered to stay home with the girls tonight so David and I could go out to dinner by ourselves. We went to TGIFridays since we hadn't ever been there. It was pretty good. We, of course, ran errands after dinner- God forbid we didn't do something productive! It was nice to have some time alone with David and be able to talk without a three-year-old interrupting to tell us something of great importance to no one but her. It wasn't bad being away from Naomi because she doesn't really interact at this point, but the whole time I missed being with Hope. It's pretty pathetic that I can't leave the house for two hours without wishing she was with us.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

It's not pathetic.....it's called being a mom. When I had Grant, someone gave me a card that said something like "I never knew what it was like to have my heart walking outside my body until I had kids"........and I didn't. God created you to miss your babies.