Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Hallelu-

Naomi is a crybaby.

She always has been, although it certainly isn't constant like it was when she was 2.

But if she gets hurt, you can count on a bunch of tears.  She gets scratched- the waterworks start.  Can't sleep at night- she thinks crying about it helps.  Yesterday she was having a disobedient day, and she started crying when I told David about it on the phone.  She'd already been punished, but she knew he'd tell her he was disappointed, so it was tear-worthy. 

The other day she came into the room in tears.  She'd noticed a scratch on her foot.

She didn't actually just get scratched; she just saw it and started crying.

Her question was if there was anything that would make it feel better.

I said "Yep" and said she had to sing the.....

And before I could start singing the song, Hope started in with "Hallelu, hallelu, hallelu, hallelujah, praise ye the Lord!"

I didn't even know Hope knew that song, and I certainly didn't think she remembered it, even if she'd ever known it!

When I said "How did you know that song?!?"  she told me I taught it to her making her sing it when she got hurt. 

I'm not planning on starting sing-a-longs in the car.  But maybe we need to sing a bit more around here, if Hope is the only one who knows the hallelu song.

No comments: