Saturday, July 14, 2012

Celebrating Naomi!

I don't think we've ever done anything for Naomi's birthdays. Maybe Red Robin once?? But David suggested, since her birthday was on a Saturday this year, that we go downtown for the day. And since it was supposed to be sunny and close to 80 degrees, it sounded like a good plan. But she wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese instead. She was overruled on that one.

So first we went to Pike Place Market.
We watched 'em throw around the fish, looked at some of the art that people have for sale (pretty, but I'm not paying $125 for a little painting), and admired all the flowers.
Then we went down to the waterfront and walked around. The kids saw a bunch of boats and two cruise ships, went through the Curiosity Shop (not nearly as weird when you're little and can't read what all the bizarre stuff is), and went on the carousel. There is a new ferris wheel that is supposed to be like the London Eye that they wanted to go on, but it was ridiculously expensive. For David and the three musketeers, it was going to be $45. It goes around three times. Um, thanks anyway. I'll spend my $45 going up in the Space Needle where I can spend as much time as I want for the same (probably better) view. And I pointed out that they can go on a ferris wheel at the Grant County Fair for about five bucks.  No one seemed very happy about my observations.   
Lunch at Ivars was a given, even though Naomi doesn't love fish. Luckily, there is no Chuck E Cheese on the waterfront;) We had a great table the the end of the pier and we watched the ferries coming in and unloading. We decided that it might be fun for the kids to just take the ferry over and back, and they loved it. Daniel really enjoyed just watching the water.


See, there's the ferris wheel. Worth $45? I didn't think so. It should be out of business soon.

Then we walked back through the market, bought some really pretty wall flower vases for David's moms, and bought some flowers. If you're there already, or live close, you can't beat the flowers. I'd have fresh flowers every day if I lived nearby. I got this huge bouquet for $15. That's the most expensive ones- most of the arrangements are $10, and they have really nice bunches for $5. Actually, it's probably a good thing I don't live by the market- I'd go broke buying cheap flowers!

Then we came home, opened presents (books and a Barbie), and had cake and ice cream. And because Hope is not the nicest of siblings and doesn't play nicely unless the game is the way she wants it, Naomi and David are upstairs playing Barbie! Hope you enjoyed your birthday, Naomi Jill!

No comments: