Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Funny things kids say


Joel and Naomi have both said a bunch of funny things lately. And since I'll never remember them if I don't write them down:

Joel- lately he always needs to 'tell me a secret'. Usually the secret is "I wuv you", which is very nice to hear. Saturday the youngest three all had bowel issues, and he woke up from his nap and had a bit of an overflow. He just stood there and yelled until I heard him and came to clean him up, which took awhile:( As I was putting new clothes on him, he said he needed to tell me a secret. His secret? "Mom, I'm done with my nap." Yeah kiddo, I sorta figured...

Naomi- one of her jobs is to help me with the laundry, so as we were folding laundry she came across a pair of shorts she likes. She said she loved them because they had flowers on them. Smart alec me said "Then why don't you marry them!" Her reply: "Bees have to marry flowers, and besides, I already had to marry macaroni and cheese the other day."

Joel- He never wants his nails cut because he says it hurts. I was trimming his nails and told him it wouldn't hurt. After a few nails, he matter-of-factly says, "Mom, I love you, but you're hurting me."

Joely calls chapstick 'woop-stick', tissues 'two-thews', and chocolate 'twock-it'.

No comments: