Friday, July 09, 2010

My own personal cheerleader


The first time Joel noticed me pumping, he asked, "What doing?" I told him I was making milk for Daniel. "Oh, miylk for Ganyo?" So now whenever he sees me pumping, he has to check that I'm still just making milk. But lately, he's stood there and really watched. And he doesn't seem to understand personal space. He leans right in against my legs and puts his chin in his hands and scrutinizes things. He puts his hands around the horns to see what everything feels like while the pump is working. And he tells me that the milk is for Daniel. "Not Joel's miylk, Ganyo's miylk." Today he was very concerned when he didn't immediately see milk. I told him to be patient- there would be milk in a minute. He leaned in and examined everything, and when he finally saw milk, he started clapping and saying "Yay miylk!" At least in the making-milk department, he's easy to please.

No comments: