Friday, April 24, 2009

Nocturnal convos with Naomi


"MMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!" Whatever I was dreaming about is completely gone from my mind as I hear this shriek coming from the girls' room at 3:00 AM. So I go in there to see what's wrong and Naomi is in the middle of the room. She can't quite tell me what's wrong; I assume it's a nightmare of some sort. I put her back in her bed and notice she's covering her eyes- maybe the lamp is a little too bright. Ten minutes later she's wailing again, still with her face covered and buried in her pillow. This time Hope is awake too and a little scared. I go get Naomi and just put her in our bed. David asks what's wrong and she says something about naaah-suh gonk (gonk is scared or hurt, depending on the context). "Nasa? That's the space organization and they aren't going to hurt you. You don't need to be scared." It took her awhile to go back to sleep.

The next morning when I was a little more coherent, I tried to ask her again what was wrong in the night. She told me naah-suh again,and I finally figured out she was trying to say monster. Apparently there was a big green monster in her bed that scared her. I've called dad to see if Boston is missing part of their park, but somehow I think it's a different green monster residing in her room. So now Tubby is the Monster-nator and mosquito spray had become monster repellant, God made the monsters disappear and Naomi still is buying her face in her blanket at night.

No comments: