Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Daniel Wayne you are a pain...

But it's only because you're 3.  You'll get better.

He is such a sassypants lately!

Whenever David tells him no, he says "No to you, daddy!"

If he gets in trouble and I start counting, as soon as I say One, he'll say "No, two!"  Occasionally he'll count himself right into the corner.

And lately whenever anyone says no or can't or won't, he says "Oh yes I can" with a sassy little voice.

Sas. See. Pants.

A few months ago I started getting him to attempt to use the toilet; it didn't last long and he didn't really care, so I stopped.

He still doesn't care.

But I'm sick of buying diapers.

And I'm sick of changing the poopy diapers.

And he's three and a half.

It's time.

So, this last week has been potty-training week.

He's almost there.  By the weekend, he'll be done with diapers except maybe at night.

Ten years and six months.  That's how long I've spent with someone continuously in diapers, except for two weeks between Hope being trained and Naomi being born.

It's almost over.

And I know some day I'll wish it wasn't over.

No comments: