Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Oven Barbecued Chicken and Cheesy Biscuits

Another "only so I can pin it" recipe!  This is one of the only recipes I still use from my Once-A-Month Cookbook.  Even though I love the idea of freezer cooking, I just didn't like enough of the recipes to stick to one of their plans; maybe someday I'll make a freezer cooking plan out of my own faves- except I always forget to thaw things early enough:(

2 1/2 lb chicken pieces
1/2C grated cheese
1C BBQ sauce
1 12-oz pkg buttermilk biscuits

Preheat oven to 400.  Coat 12x9 baking dish with nonstick spray.  Dip chicken pieces in bbq sauce.  Place them in pan; bake for 40-45 minutes.  Pile chicken pieces at one end of pan, separate dough into 10 biscuits.  Place them in the pan to drippings next to chicken.  Sprinkle cheese over biscuits.  Bake for 15-20 minutes until biscuits are golden brown.


Freezer version: the only thing that makes this "freezer" is that they freeze the chicken and cheese already portioned out in Ziploc bags.  Pretty darn easy!

No comments: