Monday, October 29, 2007

Welcome home, Baby

After taking about two minutes to escape from her little pen and spending the night in the garage sleeping on a sleeping bag she found in a corner, Baby has made it inside the house. I was going to bring her in for a little bit today, but hadn't gotten around to it. But then David called at lunch and asked how cold it was out there and suggested we might need to get a space heater for her. I'd already had this brilliant revelation that I could just move all her stuff into the laundry room, so I told him that- if it gets too cold, she can always stay in there. After discussing the options a little, he unwittingly agreed to let her stay in the house as long as I vaccuum daily to keep the hair situation under control.

So she wandered around for awhile to check out all the rooms. I was real nervous about her peeing on a pile of clothes since her litterbox seemed untouched, so I went looking for her. Apparently she's as excited about being here as we are about having her. (except Hope- she thinks it's just grand and is sure Baby will love her if she's just nice to her. She doesn't get it that cats aren't the most friendly of creatures) Baby was in the back of my closet behind David's guitar wedged into a little corner. I'm sure it was the most secluded spot she could find to keep to herself.

After lunch I decided to vaccuum upstairs, and unfortunately for Baby, that included the closet. So she took off out of there and I didn't go looking for her. But Hope was SO concerned that nobody knew where Baby was, so she went looking. This time Baby was under Hope's bed, in the furthest corner behind a box where you could hardly see her. I'm surprised Hope even found her. If she keeps hiding like this, David may even forget she's here.

No comments: